Criminal Law


State Court
If you are being investigated by the State Police, Attorney General’s Office, or the local police it is likely that you will be prosecuted in State Court. If you have been indicted by a County or State Grand Jury, the matter will be handled in State Court with either a County Prosecutor, or in some special circumstances, a Deputy Attorney General. There is a State Court located in the County seat of each County and Attorneys Hartman, Chartered practice in those Courts throughout the State, with an emphasis on Burlington, Camden, Gloucester, Mercer, Atlantic, Cumberland, Salem, and Ocean Counties. We will help guide you through the complicated process and seek to keep you out of prisonFederal Court
If you are being investigated by the FBI, DEA, IRS or any other Federal law enforcement agency, the matter will be handled in Federal Court by a U.S. Attorney. Attorneys Hartman Chartered practice in Federal Courts both in New Jersey and Pennsylvania and will protect you and your interests in those Courts.Municipal Court
Disorderly Persons or Petty Disorderly Persons cases are handled in Municipal Court. Each Town has a Municipal Court. These less serious offenses include criminal mischief, possession of paraphernalia, or marijuana under fifty grams, harassment, most shoplifting charges, and simple assault. Attorneys Hartman Charted represents individuals charged in Municipal Courts throughout the State.Juvenile Court
Any person under the age of eighteen, who is charged with a crime, will have their matter heard in State Court, in the County where the crime allegedly occurred. A special unit of the County Prosecutor’s Office addresses Juvenile cases and it is the only part of the Criminal Justice system that focuses on rehabilitation along with punishment. Attorneys Hartman Chartered represents Juveniles with an emphasis on rehabilitation.



Criminal Law Follow-up Request

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)


Best Time to Call?

Your Message


Violation of Probation or Megan’s Law
If you are alleged to have violated your probation or your Megan’s law requirements you need legal counsel to protect your rights and keep you from being sent to state prison. If you disagree with your proposed Megan’s Law classification you are entitled to a hearing to challenge the classification and you should have representation to do that.

In this age of security clearances and background checks, mistakes from your past can interfere with your ability to get and or keep a job, obtain a professional license or even hold public office. If it has been more than ten years since you have completed your sentence you may be entitled to an expungement. An expungement can erase any trace of a prior conviction from your record in certain circumstances and give you a fresh start.

Release from Megan’s Law
If you have been on Megan’s law for fifteen years you may be eligible to be released from Community Supervision. We offer free telephone consultations to determine if you are eligible to make such an application with the court.