Residential and Commercial Real Estate and Land Use
Real estate transactions can be a stressful process involving both obvious risks and hidden liabilities. If you are considering, or are in the midst of, a real estate transaction, you should consult an attorney as soon as possible to help manage those risks and ensure your best possible outcome.
We provide a wide range of services to help clients navigate these risks and liabilities in a variety of real estate transactions. If you are contemplating buying your first home, for example, you should consider not only what inspections will be required, but the time frame in which those inspections should be completed. If you are considering buying commercial property to start or expand your business, among other things you should review the permitted uses applicable to the property to avoid buying property that you cannot use for your intended purpose.
We recognize that all parties to a real estate transaction has a strong interest in ensuring that the deal is consummated, but more importantly that they do not end up regretting their decision. We as a full-service firm are prepared to work with you, any realtors involved, the lender, and the title company to address your concerns. Below is a brief, generalized overview of the services we offer:
- Discuss your goals and concerns with respect to the property and sellers, identify potential risk factors, and propose solutions
- Review and explain the terms of your purchase and sale agreement;
- Represent your interests throughout the negotiation process
- Draft any necessary documentation, such as riders to the purchase and sale agreement, short-term lease agreements, and rights of first refusal agreements;
- Identify and address potential liabilities relating to the property;
- Review and ensure compliance with your financing requirements;
- Review, identify and address any concerns relating to zoning, permitting, title, survey, taxes, and environmental report;
- Attend your closing and address your questions; and
- Review and/or prepare ownership documentation.
We recognize that not all real estate transactions are the same – each transaction will involve distinctly individualized concerns and issues that make it unique. We are therefore prepared to address each concern as it arises to ensure the best possible outcome for you.